Title: Bridging the gap between IT and OT systems
- Nadzifah Hayati Ariffin, Principal Engineer, Grid Modernization, Distribution Network, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
Gary Ang, Director, Singapore Power
- Matt Gleeson , Vice President Global Alliance & Channel Oracle Utilities
- Sandeep Ranalkar, Industry Principal Director - Strategy & Consulting, Energy, Southeast Asia, Accenture
Moderator: Claire Volkwyn, Editor, Smart Energy International
The digital transformation agenda of utilities globally is blurring the line between IT and OT with processes increasingly overlapping. In today’s world of connectivity and real-time data, bridging the gap between IT and OT systems helps to:
- create new opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- meet customer demands
- keep pace with digital transformation
Convergence enables an organization to optimize data consistency and management, which increases productivity and efficiencies, including network planning and engineering, service assurance, and service fulfilment.
In this discussion utilities from different regions and at different stages of their digital transformation agenda, will join global solutions provider Oracle to share strategies and experiences in successfully combining increasingly automated distribution systems and smart meter infrastructure to achieve the operational benefits laid out above.