Title: How to attract investment opportunities for South African SMMEs working in the green economy
Date: 13 May 2020
This addressed the following discussion points:
- Introduction to the Green Outcomes Fund
- What criteria and enterprise creation priorities are funds looking for?
- What does a high-impact project look like?
- What is the current landscape for SMMEs and what are their needs?
- What are the first steps to achieve investment?
Moderator: Tine Fisker Henriksen, Innovative Finance Lead, UCT GSB Bertha Centre, South Africa
- Greg McDonald, Head: Financial Sector Funds | Edge Growth Ventures, South Africa
- Mark van Wyk, Head: Unlisted Investments, Portfolio Manager | Mergence, South Africa
- Emile Fourie, Founder, YWaste, South Africa